SIM Women is delighted to announce our new Woman of Service Award in honor of SIM New Jersey member, and founding member of SIM Women, Beth Everett. Beth led an incredible life of service. She served as:
- a Board Member, Habitat for Humanity Morris County, NJ
- a Board Member & Career Development Chair, Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association Metro Chapter
- as a Board Member, Birthcare and Family Health Services - the non-profit center provides pre-natal, birth and pediatric care to low-income families
- as a Board Member, Life Sciences IT Global Institute - a non-profit industry organization is establishing Good Informatics Practices (GIP) to complement GLC, GCP and GMP
- as the Chair of Benevolence and Missions Committee, Hope Presbyterian Church in Randolph, New Jersey
As the only woman in many of her undergrad and PhD classes, she experienced the hard road we’ve all heard horror stories about and throughout her career she fought to make the world a better place personally and professionally.
Beth and her husband Rich were killed in Superstorm Sandy in 2012 when a tree fell onto the front cab of their truck. Their two sons were in the back seat at the time. Beth’s oldest daughter at just 18 secured custody of her younger sister and brothers. They are all doing well despite their incredible loss.
When discussing how we wanted to honor Beth, very quickly it came to the forefront that the best thing about Beth and her husband Rich was their giving spirit. They strove to help people every day. We want to keep Beth’s memory alive and reinforce the need for every individual to give back to the community.
Stay tuned for more information on the 2019 Woman of Service Award!